Secure Card Transactions
From July 2007 Visa, Mastercard and Maestro have introduced a new verification service for online shopping. As many of you may have already experienced, the extra verification requires the card holder to sign up at the Bank's website and create a password to be entered during the checkout process.
If you haven't signed up for the extra verification code at Visa or Mastercard, we strongly suggest that you apply before continuing your checkout process
How will Secure Code change the online purchase process? The online purchase process will not change except that now you will be prompted an extra step to the Bank Server to provide your Secure Code at the checkout. Your Secure Code will never be revealed to the store/retailer.
- It’s this simple to sign up: Sign up for the service with the bank or organisation that issues your Visa/MasterCard/Maestro card
- Choose a password and a personal message
- When you’ve signed up, you can shop at any online retailers offering Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode
- It’s this simple to shop: Choose what you want to buy
- Go to the check-out page
- Enter your Credit card details as usual
- Your personal assurance message tells you that the bank or organisation that issued your card is asking for your password
- Enter your password, click 'submit’
- Your identity is confirmed
- Job done
For further information please visit the following resources: